CODE COMPLIANCE DEPARTMENT
(A sub-department of Building & Development Services)
3805 Adam Grubb
Lake Worth, Texas 76135
Phone: 817-237-1211 ext 111
CODE COMPLIANCE INITIATIVE
JUNK. TRASH, DEBRIS/ ILLEGAL OUTSIDE STORAGE
ARTICLE 8.600 NUISANCES ON PRIVATE PROPERTY
Sec. 8.601 Nuisance on Private Property Defined
For the purposes of this article, the term “nuisance” is defined to mean any condition or use of premises or of building exteriors which is detrimental to the property of others, causes or tends to cause substantial diminution in the value of other property in the neighborhood in which such premises are located, or any such condition or use of premises that is dangerous to human health or welfare. This includes, but is not limited to, the keeping or the depositing on, or the scattering over the premises of any of the following:
(1) Lumber, building materials, junk, trash or debris;
(2) Storage of furniture, other than furniture designed for outside use, household items, products of a commercial trade or business enterprise, whether such items are so used or not outside;
(3) Abandoned discarded or unused objects or equipment such as automobiles, furniture, stoves, refrigerators, freezers, cans, or containers;
(4) Items of salvage such as scrap metals, rags, papers, bottles, cans, and similar items;
(5) Any compost pile which is of such a nature as to spread or harbor disease, emit unpleasant odors or harmful gas, or attract rodents, vermin or other disease-carrying pests, animals or insects;
(6) Keeping unsanitary matter on premises. It shall be unlawful for any person to keep, or permit another to keep, upon any premises deleterious or septic material, unless such material is retained in containers or vessels which deny access to humans, flies, insects, rodents and animals;
(7) Any inoperable, dismantled, wrecked or junked vehicles, motorized or otherwise;
(8) Any dead or damaged tree which poses a serious threat to life or property on the premises, adjacent premises, or adjacent public right-of-way.
Sec. 8.602 Duty to Maintain Private Property
No person owning, leasing, occupying or having charge of any premises shall maintain or keep any nuisance thereon, nor shall any such person keep or maintain such premises in a manner causing substantial diminution in the value of the other property in the neighborhood in which such premises are located.
Click Here for Lake Worth Restaurants Health Inspection Scores.
To report a code compliance issue click here.
Lake Worth City Hall
3805 Adam Grubb
Lake Worth, TX 76135
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday through Friday
Copyright © 2016 - Lake Worth, Texas. USA