CODE COMPLIANCE DEPARTMENT
(A sub-department of Building & Development Services)
3805 Adam Grubb
Lake Worth, Texas 76135
Phone: 817-237-1211 ext 111
CODE COMPLIANCE INITIATIVE
City Ordinance prohibits abandoned/junk vehicles on public right of ways (roadways) and/or on private property. See definition below for what a junk vehicle is.
ARTICLE 8.500 ABANDONED AND JUNKED VEHICLES
Sec. 8.501 Definitions
As used in this article, the following words and terms shall have the meanings provided in this section:
Antique Vehicle. A passenger car or truck that is at least twenty-five (25) years old.
Junked Vehicle. A vehicle that is self-propelled and:
(1) Does not have a valid registration lawfully attached to it;
(2) Is wrecked, dismantled or partially dismantled, or discarded; or
(3) Is inoperable and has remained inoperable for more than:
(A) Seventy-two (72) consecutive hours if the vehicle is on public property; or
(B) Thirty (30) consecutive days if the vehicle is on private property.
(4) For the purpose of this article, “junked vehicle” includes a motor vehicle, aircraft, or watercraft. This article applies only to:
(A) A motor vehicle that displays an expired registration or does not display a license plate;
(B) An aircraft that does not have lawfully printed on the aircraft an unexpired federal aircraft identification number registered under Federal Aviation Administration aircraft registration regulations in 14 C.F.R part 47; or
(C) A watercraft that:
(i) Does not have lawfully on board an unexpired certificate of number; and
(ii) Is not a watercraft described by section 31.055 Parks and Wildlife Code.
Sec. 8.502 Junked Vehicles Declared Public Nuisance
A junked vehicle, including a part of a junked vehicle, that is visible at any time of the year from a public place or public right-of-way:
(1) Is detrimental to the safety and welfare of the general public;
(2) Tends to reduce the value of private property;
(3) Invites vandalism;
(4) Creates a fire hazard;
(5) Constitutes an attractive nuisance creating a hazard to the health and safety of minors;
(6) Produces urban blight adverse to the maintenance and continuing development of the city; and
(7) Is a public nuisance.
For more detailed information about Abandoned/Junk Vehicles you may contact the Code Compliance at 817-237-1211 x 111 or online through Franklin Legal Publishing (online code of ordinances).
Click Here for Lake Worth Restaurants Health Inspection Scores.
To report a code compliance issue click here.
Lake Worth City Hall
3805 Adam Grubb
Lake Worth, TX 76135
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday through Friday
Copyright © 2016 - Lake Worth, Texas. USA