City of Lake Worth Municipal Court of Record
3805 Adam Grubb
Lake Worth, Texas 76135
Driver Safety Course (DSC)
In some cases the Defendant may be able to complete a Driver's Safety Course (DSC). You may be eligible if:
1. You have been charged with a traffic offense under the Subtitle C, Transportation Code;
2. You have not taken a DSC within the last 12 months prior to the date of the traffic offense;
3. You have a valid Texas Class C NON COMMERCIAL driver's license;*
4. You have proof of financial responsibility (Insurance)
5. You are not currently taking a course for another violation;
6. You have not committed on of the following offenses:
* If you are active military or a dependent of an active military person, you may provide your military ID and a non commercial DL from your state of residence. As of 9/1/2003 you are not eligible for Driver Safety Course if you possess a Class A or B COMMERCIAL driver's license, even if you are in a personal vehicle.
If you meet the eligibility requirements listed above, you may request to dispose of your citation by completing the Driver's Safety Course in person or through the mail (Request for Driver's Safety Course) on or before your appearance date. YOU WILL LOSE THE OPTION TO TAKE A DRIVER'S SAFETY COURSE IF YOU DO NOT MAKE THE REQUEST BY YOUR APPEARANCE DATE. You must pay the $99.00 court costs and a $10.00 Administration Fee totaling $109.00 ($134 for violations in a school zone) at the time of the request. You may not attend a Driver's Safety Course until your request has been granted by the Court.
If granted, your case will be suspended for 90 days for you to attend a DSC, obtain a copy of your driving record from the State and return your driving record and course completion certificate to the Court. You may mail the Driving Record Request to the State to obtain your driving record or you may request a copy online at TexasOnline.com (record type 3A only). There is a $10.00 fee to obtain your record from the State ($12.00 fee for obtaining a copy online). You may attend any class that is approved by the Texas Education Agency.
If you do not complete the course and/or return the forms by the due date, you will be required to appear at the show cause hearing date on your approval paperwork to explain why you failed to complete the requirements of judgment. The Judge may extend the time to complete the course if good cause is shown. If you fail to appear at this Court date, it will result in a warrant for your arrest.
Lake Worth City Hall
3805 Adam Grubb
Lake Worth, TX 76135
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday through Friday
Copyright © 2016 - Lake Worth, Texas. USA